Friday, February 12, 2010

It's Here!!

So exactly 119 days ago I decided I was going to Christchurch (ChCh), NZ for study abroad. Ever since then I had been doing excessive research and annoying anyone within earshot with tidbits on Kiwi slang and trivia... "Did you know that flip flops are called 'jandals!?' Like...japanese...sandals...jandals!" I bet my poor sister heard that factoid at least twelve times. Oh well, now the day is here!
After a smooth check-in (and a $50 charge for my gigantic suitcase), I said my goodbyes to the fam and made a completely accidental scene in security when everyone felt bad about the young girl saying farewell. "Oh are you leaving for college?" "Are you moving?" "What are you doing in New Zealand?"

Anyway, I read my sweet notes from my friends and family, and now I'm ready. I've been preparing for this day for a long long time and I doubt there is a way for me to be more organized.

Alright, I have all my good luck charms and my socks from Mom with the secret compartment.
Side note: Dickie is so jealous of these socks. "Aww...now I don't feel cool anymore. You're much cooler than me with those socks."
Damn straight!

My flight boards in half an hour. I've got my kickass socks, full backpack of pretzels and peanut m&m's and umpteen magazines. ChCh, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment