Sunday, February 21, 2010

An Epic Mistake on Taylor's Mistake


Sorry (Mommy) I haven't posted in a while. Not a lot was super exciting until yesterday when a bunch of us went on our first official hike in ChCh! There's a great little hike right near the beach we all go to. If you take the bus all the way to the end, Sumner, and walk along Sumner Beach, eventually the beach ends and these great rolling hills appear. We were walking along and I had a "how am I ever going to leave this?" moment...You'll see, the pics are unreal.
After a few hours of tramping/hiking, we realized that we were no longer on "Taylor's Mistake" path and we were in sheep pasture land....then we hopped a couple of fences and found ourselves on someone's property with what looked like an abandoned farm house. Interesting. Then we just kept following a path that eventually ended at a barbed wire fence. Also interesting. So what to do? Try and hop the barbed wire? Walk back? Or continue downhill without a path? Yeah, that one. All we knew is that we needed to get "down" somehow. Theeen we reached yet another fence that was completely unhoppable. Sooo we doubled back and had lunch with our sheepy friends :) That was fine by me. I was really pumped about chomping on peanut butter sangwiches while the sheep scoped us out. PS. Sheep are ADORABLE, just saying.
Anyway, we don't know where our mistake was on Taylor's Mistake, but it was a great mistake because I finally got to see sheep! And we saw a beautiful view of ChCh that I'm not sure we would've been able to see otherwise.
Sumner Hills



Proof I was there :) PS. Dickie's basically papparazzi


Gorgeous

193 steps after 2 hours of hiking, Sara's face explains it all :)

Yeah just my summer home in NZ, nbd.

I promise this was part of the path :-\

haha uhhh...

Oy! Sheep!



Sumner Beach


Are you going to Scarborough Fare?


More pics to come of around Uni!
Now I have to figure out my course schedule :-\ Classes start tomorrow and I already have a conflict with my courses. Wish me luck...

5 comments:

  1. great pics, sweetie! and great story, por supuesto!! we all are eager for your posts!! find a way and we'll keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goog. Great blog. Looks like a great adventure! I want to paint a couple of these pics. Can't wait to hear about your classes. Love you, Spommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey boobear! SO ENVIOUS. it looks absolutely amazing. i wish i could go tramping with you and the sheep. it was 40 in Boston yesterday. I hung out with some geese in the fens...tots the same?
    misses and kisses xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why arent you wearing your hiking boots losah?

    ReplyDelete